Flash Fiction Competition: My Biggest Secret
“The piece of paper, ripped from a larger sheet, was covered in lists of food items, written in pencil, then rubbed out again, then written over, both horizontally and vertically. Over the top, someone had written in scratchy dry ink,
‘You would be lucky to go to jail, even luckier to come out alive. Your father will know first. Then the British. Your neighbours too. This is bigger than you. You don’t have a choice. Queers still die in Berlin. Find the pilot.’”
(The Spring of Kasper Meier, by Ben Fergusson)
To mark our current Book Club title, The Spring of Kasper Meier by Ben Fergusson, we’re running a flash fiction competition on the theme of My Biggest Secret.
The Spring of Kasper Meier is a novel filled with secrets and conspiracies, in which very few of the characters ever really tell the truth. We want you to tell us your stories of secrets kept and secrets revealed, of hidden agendas and buried truths. You stories can be drawn from your own experience or purely fictional – we want to hear tales of dirty little secrets between lovers and dangerous state secrets that threaten the very world we live in.
But shhhh… don’t tell a soul…
The winning stories will be published on Litro Online, reaching thousands of our readers.
- Entries must be no more than 700 words long and on the theme of “My Biggest Secret”. Given the theme of the competition, we are open to both fiction and non-fiction works.
- Entries should not have been previously published anywhere, in print or online
- The deadline for entries is midnight on Tuesday 1st July, 2014, and the winning stories will be published on the Litro website, starting Friday 4th July.
- Only one entry per writer, please
- Entries must be submitted via this link