“I’m really starting to think the whole world’s just a patchwork quilt of crazy little cults, all with their own secret spaces, their own records, their own rules.”
Clay Jannon, Mr Penumbra’s 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Flash Fiction Competition
To mark our current Book Club title, Mr Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan, we’re running a flash fiction competition on the theme of Cults & Clubs.
We think Clay, the narrator of the novel, is quite right – when you lift the stone of ordinary life, underneath you’ll find a teeming world of strange hobbies and cabalistic clubs sharing private languages, initiation ceremonies and secrets – and we want to hear your stories about these hidden worlds in miniature.
The winning three stories will be published on Litro Online, reaching thousands of our readers.
- Entries must be no more than 700 words long and on the theme of “Clubs & Cults”
- As well as publication on the Litro website, the overall winner will receive a free year-long Litro All-Access Membership. (If the winner is already a member, we’ll give them their next year for free!)
- Entries should not have been previously published anywhere, in print or online
- One entry per person
- The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday 25th August and the winning story will be announced on the Litro website on Thursday 29th August
- Submit your story at this link.