Don Filo makes an appearance at the building site, with his smell of tequila and Old Spice, wearing a leopard print silk shirt and orange alligator boots.
The first to go, thinks Rachel, the first supporting wall yanked out. The five of us no longer solid and inevitable and filling the spaces of this house, but exposed as what we always were...
How can directors negotiate a new language of sex on screen without completely omitting the sex, and without the moral dilemma of visual pleasure?
#Arts & Culture
I was kneeling handcuffed on the floor of a church in a knitted red balaclava – not my average Thursday evening by a long shot.
It seems a fitting time to declare that there is nothing out there as potent as black comedy to capture the absurdity of life in our time.
- Litro #166: After Dark (11/22/2017) - Cover Art: by Joshua B. Huitz Contents: Letter from the Editor Eric Akoto Black Moons by Robin Dunn I understand by Chinweokwu Ukwueze Todo Es De Color – Children Of Read More
- Litro #166: After Dark | Editor’s Letter (11/22/2017) - Litro Magazine’s November 2017 issue is filled with stories about what goes on after darkness has fallen, when we think no one’s watching, or after-hours, when everything’s shut.
- Triadic (11/22/2017) - “I love you so much,” my husband told me quietly as he moved farther away from my unclothed body, wrapping himself within the sheets and letting out a muffled sigh. Read More
- Night Sharks 2 (11/22/2017) - She warned me on our first night together that there might be sharks and not just regular ones but night ones. Swimming around the bed. So if I wanted to Read More
- Fallen Maidens (11/22/2017) - Everything was shaping up for a perfect midsummer night. Rainey stowed the wok and the coolers with the oil, samosas, fruit, ice and bottles in the prow of the dinghy.
- Wild Thing, or The Law of Superposition (11/21/2017) - At midnight Virginia stirs, roused by a sound from the chicken coop: a feral scamper, a skittish cluck. An intoxicating scent hangs in the darkness.
- The Beautiful Coffin (11/21/2017) - “Go away!” I said. I looked at him, and although I knew he was different, he might still act like them. He’d have told me something and when I disagreed, Read More
- Black Moons (11/21/2017) - “It’s so nice to feel good,” she said, and touched herself while she sucked his cock. Strewn over the table were the implements of their game, which had been her Read More
“It’s so nice to feel good,” she said, and touched herself while she sucked his cock. Strewn over the table were the implements of their game, which had been her game first, and was now his too. Nothing kinky.
Interview with Phil Harrison: Author of The First Day and Staunch Pats Fan
Travel & Lifestyle
A man with two teeth sells me my bus ticket. I know it is the correct bus because of the colour, crayon box green; a fleet of green buses is designated to this bus route.
- Book Review: Manhattan Beach, by Jennifer Egan
- Book Review: The Other Hoffman Sister, by Ben Fergusson
- Book Review: Another Justified Sinner, by Sophie Hopesmith
- Book Review: The Threat Level Remains Severe, by Rowena Macdonald