Litro Magazine, along with IGGY, has launched its first short story competition.
Inspiring, encouraging and acknowledging the creativity of young people is a common goal for Litro Magazine and the International Gateway for Gifted Youth (IGGY), so we have joined forces to create a major new international short story award for young people.
This award is open to young people from around the world aged 11-19. In addition to a cash prize of £2,500, the winner will be published in Litro Magazine and will see parts of their work displayed on a poster in a London Underground station. The winner and two runners-up will also have their story published on Litro Online and on IGGY’s website. An illustrious panel of judges has been assembled for the award, including novelist Sadie Jones, author of the international bestseller The Outcast; acclaimed historian and novelist Kate Williams; award-winning poet Laura Dockrill; and Peter Blegvad, creative writing lecturer at the University of Warwick.
Terms and conditions of entry:
1. Entrants can write in any genre.
2. The length of each story must not exceed 3000 words.
3. The winner of the Litro and IGGY International Short Story Competition will receive £2,500
4. The closing date for all entries is 5pm, 16 July.
5. There is no entry fee. However you can support us by subscribing to Litro Magazine and by doing so, support our efforts to continue to provide you with alternative new and exciting reading from established as well as up and coming writers.
6. Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The copyright of any story submitted to this competition will remain with the magazine. You submit a story with the understanding thatLitro has the right to copy and distribute the story in print, online, and on other platforms.
8. Entrants must be aged between 11-19 on the date of entry.
9. Due to the expected volume of entries, Litro Magazine is unable to offer individual feedback to entrants. The decision of the judges is final.
Click here to join the Litro & IGGY Short Story Award for Young Writers Facebook group.